G5 supports qualified charitable organizations through monetary and non-monetary contributions. Through our corporate philanthropic program G5 Gives, which was founded in 2006, we’re proud to have assisted and partnered with over 60 local organizations. Annually, we strive for (and have accomplished) 100% of employee participation in community activities, volunteer opportunities, and local fundraising efforts.
We believe we can make the greatest impact by contributing to organizations that directly benefit the communities in which we work and live: Bend, Oregon and Nashville, Tennessee (est. in 2019). We focus our philanthropic efforts towards local organizations whose primary charter concentrates on these three areas:
- Technology & Innovation
- Community (with an emphasis on basic needs for youth and families)
- Health & Wellness
- Environment & Nature (Animals)
Priority is given to organizations that our employees have chosen to support with their personal donations of time and resources.
If your organization meets the guidelines outlined above, please submit your request:
We ask that the following is included:
- A brief description about your mission
- Your website link (if available)
- How the funds requested will be used
- What the benefit will be to our local community
G5 Gives is spearheaded by a team of employees who are committed to evaluating each request and responding in a timely manner. When a request for monetary funds cannot be granted or an opportunity for non-monetary contributions is identified, the committee will determine and communicate accordingly.
A few of the local programs G5 Gives supports:
- Backpacks for Bend – “Backpacks for Bend provides a backpack full of nutritious food for children living in food-insecure homes for them to take home during a weekend or break. Each child in the program will receive a backpack filled with food each week of the school year.”
- Bethlehem Inn (an emergency shelter for men, women and families in Central and Eastern Oregon) — Can/bottle recycling program to raise funds for nutritious meals, counseling services, vocation re-habilitation, and school supplies.
- Habitat for Humanity — Volunteer teams for building and re-habilitation projects.
- Kids Center – “Kids Intervention and Diagnostic Service (KIDS) Center is a child abuse intervention center serving Central Oregon. We are a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization dedicated to the prevention, evaluation and treatment of child abuse.”
- Sparrow Club – “As the nation’s only youth-based charity of its kind, Sparrow Clubs not only provides financial and emotional support for critically ill children and their families, but also empowers kids to help kids through charitable service to their communities.”