We believe we can make the greatest impact by contributing to organizations that directly benefit the communities in which we work and live: Bend, Oregon and Nashville, Tennessee (est. in 2019). We focus our philanthropic efforts towards local organizations whose primary charter concentrates on these four areas:
- Technology & Innovation
- Community (with an emphasis on basic needs for youth and families)
- Health & Wellness
- Environment & Nature (Animals)
Because of COVID-19 and the unknown impact it has on our business, we have been working with local organizations and coming up with creative ways to provide support. Our G5ers have shared food, products, individual dollars, energy and time to rally around the needs of our community. We invite you to share with us the needs of your organization as well as creative ways that we can show our support.
We ask that the following is included:
- A brief description about your mission
- Your website link (if available)
- How the funds requested will be used
- What the benefit will be to our local community
G5 Gives is spearheaded by a team of employees who are committed to evaluating each request and responding in a timely manner. When a request for monetary funds cannot be granted or an opportunity for non-monetary contributions is identified, the committee will determine and communicate accordingly.
A few of the local programs G5 Gives supports:
- Backpacks for Bend – “Backpacks for Bend provides a backpack full of nutritious food for children living in food-insecure homes for them to take home during a weekend or break. Each child in the program will receive a backpack filled with food each week of the school year.”
- Bethlehem Inn (an emergency shelter for men, women and families in Central and Eastern Oregon) — Can/bottle recycling program to raise funds for nutritious meals, counseling services, vocation re-habilitation, and school supplies.
- Habitat for Humanity — Volunteer teams for building and re-habilitation projects.
- Kids Center – “Kids Intervention and Diagnostic Service (KIDS) Center is a child abuse intervention center serving Central Oregon. We are a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization dedicated to the prevention, evaluation and treatment of child abuse.”
- Sparrow Club – “As the nation’s only youth-based charity of its kind, Sparrow Clubs not only provides financial and emotional support for critically ill children and their families, but also empowers kids to help kids through charitable service to their communities.”