NEW: Multifamily State of the Industry Report H2 2019
It’s here! G5 has officially released our newest Multifamily State of the Industry report for the second half of 2019 – and we’re switching it up this time. Instead of simply providing info on the latest trending topics, we’re providing key insights into how you can leverage the data included in this report to maximize the impact of your own digital marketing.
Chapter 1 – Multifamily Market Overview
In this chapter we outline multifamily market conditions and how digital marketing can be used as a complement to support or to overcome obstacles. Here’s the high-level overview of what you need to know:
- Demand for multifamily housing remains strong, but the industry as a whole is expecting a slight downturn over the second half due to a decreased number of construction starts
- Class A/A+ products within primary markets are showing signs of slowing momentum due to over construction
- Demand for Class B/C workforce housing has grown substantially
- National occupancy rates and average effective rent provide intel on the industry as a whole, but it is submarket data that drives property-specific strategies
- The cost of business is on the rise thanks to tariffs, insurance, labor shortages, and increased interest rates
- Low unemployment rates are making it difficult for multifamily companies to hire qualified employment candidates.
Chapter 2 – Google Multifamily Digital Marketing Insights
We review apartment rental data trends, including changes in queries, impressions, clicks, and ad click-through rate year-over-year. Research is also provided on the seasonality of digital advertising, as well as device trends which continue to highlight the rise of mobile.
Chapter 3 – Current + Emerging Trends in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is evolving to focus on four key areas: strategy, technology, experience, and compliance. We break it down for you here.
- Agile marketing as a framework for accomplishing more with less
- Finding and attracting local influencers to promote your brand online
- How to optimize your website for page speed and voice search – two components critical to the future of search marketing
- Why you need attribution modeling to identify lead sources and spend more efficiently
- The necessity of automation to combat waste
- The rise of chatbots and how to leverage them to qualify leads
- Personalization and the challenge of accomplishing it at scale
- How sentiment analysis can be used to track brand perception
- Tips for optimizing your presence on social media and brands to follow for inspiration
- The basics of data privacy and intro to the California Consumer Privacy Act
- Best practice copywriting guidelines for maintaining FHA compliance
- What you need to know about WCAG 2.0 – a.k.a website accessibility
Download Your Copy Today
Ready to read the full Multifamily State of the Industry report? Download your copy now, and then reach out to us on social to let us know what you think! You can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter (@getg5), Facebook, and Instagram (@get_g5).